Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In the Air!

I’m sitting here on a very cramped flight. The holes where my wisdom teeth use to be are slightly throbbing (with excitement obviously!) and I am beginning to realize that the Special K/ Coco Puffs I downed in order to choke down a malaria pill will probably not be sufficient to get me through the next 19 hours of travel. But the TSA lady threw away my peanut butter, so what do you do. It “smears, so it’s not allowed”. Well duh. Stupid Brit. Everyone knows that smears are national security threats. Mostly though, I am just overcome by gratitude at the moment. 
My last few days were unbelievable. Turns out leaving the continent makes people really express just how much they like you. And holy cow, if there was anymore love in my life I think I would just explode. 
To try to explain seems pointless. As much as I want to blabber on about how wonderful everyone is, I”ll spare the speech, you guys know who you are. Instead I will just say this- as I tried to fall asleep last night I couldn’t think of one good reason to leave. 
And that’s a pretty awesome feeling. 
And for all you who think I am some sort of soulless robot, I will have you know that I almost cried. That’s right. The safety video was explaining what to do in case of a water evacuation. Apparently you can blow up your life vest manually. I don’t know how I was able to keep it together. 


And apparently blogs are made less boring by photos. But I haven’t been anywhere cool yet. So here’s a cool photo I found on my computer and edited to deal with my boredom while on the flight. When I talk about my family in New Mexico and their trading posts, this is what I am referring to. Photo cred grandma I believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment