Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Still Alive

I've been super negligent on the blog front as of late, but I am still here and working on catching up.

The power has been out a lot lately. Tonight we have light, though, while the rest of campus is pitch black. Apparently we have a generator? Ghana can be so inexplicable. Like, oh yeah, casually picked up a generator strong enough to power an entire dorm. Cool. Where was that the last two months? But at the same time things like my email don't work. This electricity does not support Gmail. There's probably a warning posted somewhere on the generator. So I apologize for my negligence on that front too.

Here's what you've missed.

Last week I lost my debit card. This week it was my keys. Next week, my mind?

Found my keys in the computer lab. Miracle. No such luck with the debit card. Living off money transfers and dream. A special thanks to Mom and Dad for not being upset at my absentmindedness. Thanks to Mom for also helping me figure out all my summer school stuff. I don't even want to imagine how frustrated I'd be trying to figure this all out with 5 minutes of internet at a time. Special thanks to Dad who pointed out that the bigger problem isn't the fact that I lost my debit card but the fact that it took me all day to clean my room in looking for it. "You've only been there a month a half! What did you do to that room?" WELL Dad, I've been here TWO months now.

In other news, I made guacamole and salsa and did a little dance and thanked the stars for imported vegetable markets.

I also danced with Freedom. Will explain later I guess.

I dare not try and upload photos at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment