Thursday, May 10, 2012

Akodessewa Fetish Market

Fetish markets and voodoo and all that jazz originate in West Africa. That's why you've heard of it in America. Voodoo came over with the slaves. The Akodesseawa Fetish Market is considered the largest fetish market in the world. As I was in Togo I figured I shouldn't let this opportunity pass me by. It was interesting, not really what I was expecting either. Mostly just a lot a lot of dead things, each with its own purpose and power. I don't suggest looking at this post if you love animals, like animals, or are even apathetic toward animals. Also, if you get nauseous easily. 

Our guide.
He tried to convince me to hold the bird head and he'd take the picture.
Yeah.

Rawr?

Chameleons as far as the eye could see.


So many mixed feelings.

Voodoo.

They were just all these little guys with nails in them.


Just your casual delivery of dried-rats-in-a-box

mmmhmm.
So many heads.

He was actually kinda cute.


Edgar Allen Poe?

Kid chillin' with a hippo.

Porcupine quills. 
For asthma he said.




The End.
No pun intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment