Saturday, May 26, 2012

Later Gator...

...Though technically in Ghana it's crocodiles not alligators.

Anyway, next time I'm around these parts I'll be home sweet home. As I pathetically lay around recovering I can't help but think that it feels like just yesterday that I was pathetically laying around recovering post-wisdom teeth waiting to come here. I don't think any period of time in my life has moved as quickly as these last five months have.

I could probably get all nostalgic and blabber on about everything I loved and learned and am going to miss so much, but I think those things will actually be more clear once I'm home. So instead I'd like to give a quick thank you.

Thank you to my parents for their love, support, and sponsorship. Thank you to my extended family and friends for the constant stream of emails and hellos. You have no idea how much a simple email could make my day, even if my internet was too shady for a prompt reply more often than not. Thank you to my roommates back in Berkeley for making sure I was kept up to date on every event this semester. A giant thank you to Paige for sending me Cheez-its and Sour Patch Kids. I was going to dedicate a whole post to that thank you, but I accidently ate everything before I could do so. Oops. Another giant thank you to my roommate here. Thanks for being as lazy as I am, for loving the forest, for cooking, and for forcing me to eat crackers while I've been sick. Also for surprise attacking me with that temporary tattoo while I was too weak to fight back. Thanks to the amazing EAP staff for making this semester so fantastic. Thanks for keeping us all happy and healthy. Thank you Ghana. Thanks for your oceans and trees and monkeys. Thanks for your... interesting cuisine and new life experiences. Thanks for teaching me patience, for helping to mold me into a better person and hopefully a better global citizen. Thanks for opening my mind and teaching me more than a life time of books or lectures ever could. 

See you all soon!

One last stereotypical I'm-in-Africa picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment